Frequently Asked Questions
What are SPATAN Self-tanning products?
A range of luxury tanning products that allow you to choose how quickly you tan and how deep your tan will be. Choose your product, choose your tan.
What is the active ingredient in SPATAN Self-tanning Nasal Spray?
Melanotan II is the active ingredient in Spatan Nasal Sprays that works with your body’s own production of melanin to build a natural, even tan.
Why is SPATAN self-tanning products better than regular tanning?
There is a fine line between tanning and harmful cancer-causing, burning of the skin. SPATAN requires minimal UV exposure and will work effectively without enforced sun bathing.
How long does a SPATAN tan last?
A SPATAN induced tan, unlike regular tanning, will last for months after usage has stopped entirely.
Do I have to sun tan / bathe?
Spatan works with very normal exposure to the sun – gardening, a walk on the beach, a day in the park – and does not require harmful and extensive sunbathing or sunbeds to provide you with your desired results. Using the Spatan Patches requires more time in the sun to activate the ingredients than our other products.
What are the benefits of using SPATAN Self-tanning products?
SPATAN’s Self-tanning product range contains Melanotan II has several properties.
- Minimal UV Exposure: Melanotan 2 still requires exposure to sunlight to be effective, however it requires significantly less time to develop a tan than without the peptide.
- Flexibility: Users can take a small loading dose and continue dosing until they reach their desired pigmentation, after which time they only need to dose once every couple of weeks to keep the same pigment.
- Increased Libido
- Decreased Appetite
- Fat Burning Properties
- Lasting Tan: Even if the dosage is stopped entirely, a warm tan can last for months on end without exposure to the sun. By contrast, tans developed naturally fade in around a month.
Which product is best for me?
All of the Spatan products will work for you, the deciding factor will be a personal one. How quickly you want your tan to develop will play a part in your decision. Have a look at each product in our shop to decide how you want to tan. If you’re looking to build a tan quickly, then the Injectable Pen and Double Strength Nasal Spray will show results within 2 weeks of use. The Tanning Accelerator Patches will build a more gradual, natural tan and can take up to 3 months to show significant results. Our Single Strength Nasal Spray is perfect for maintaining your tan.
What is the difference between the nasal sprays, injection and patches?
The Double Strength Nasal Spray and Injections contain a higher dose of the active ingredient and so build a tan in as little as two to three weeks. The Single Strength Nasal Spray and Patches are ideal if you want to build a tan more slowly or maintain the tan you have.
How do I use the products?
There are two main phases to using the products. The loading phase is a higher dosage of the double strength nasal spray and injection to stimulate the melanocytes in your body to produce melanin speeding up your body’s ability to tan naturally. This can lead to hyper pigmentation in skin types 1 and 2. The maintenance phase with single strength nasal spray and patches is a lower dosage, less often to maintain your tan.
How long do the products last?
Due to the nature of the active ingredients, Spatan Nasal Sprays and Injectable Pens should be used within 6 – 8 weeks of receiving them and we recommend that these are stored in your fridge. Our Tanning Accelerator Patches have a shelf life of 18 months.
Are there any side effects to using SPATAN Nasal Spray?
While the majority of users of Spatan products report no side effects, there have been very few cases of
• Decreased appetite
• Frequent yawning
These side effects vary significantly from person to person and provided the product is used correctly, the chances are minimal that you will experience these. There is an increase in the possibility of these with the Injectable Pen based on the higher dosage.
How will Spatan products affect moles, freckles and pigmentation?
Initially you will see a darkening of moles, freckles and pigmentation with our Nasal Sprays and Injectable Pen. This is natural as the ingredients work with your body’s own melanin production. With our patches, they will be affected as they would with normal sun exposure.
Can I take SPATAN if it makes me nauseous?
Try to take your dosage before bed, and if this does not work, take your dosage with a genuine anti-histamine product.
Who should not use the product?
SPATAN is not intended and must under no circumstances be used by the following persons:
- Not for persons under the age of 18 years
- Not for diabetics
- Not for pregnant or breastfeeding women
- Not for persons who have a history with skin conditions or who have irregular moles, who had moles mapped or who has exposed birthmarks
- Not for persons who have or do exhibit hyper-pigmentation in any way, shape or form
- Not for persons who have experienced any cardiac dysrhythmia
- Not to be used by persons who are taking Roaccutane or its generics
- Not to be taken by any person who is epileptic or who has experienced seizures
How will I contact you if I have more questions?
You can send questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com